2006/02/20

David Irving found guilty of denying the Holocaust

British historian David Irving has been found guilty in Vienna of denying the Holocaust of European Jewry and sentenced to three years in prison. "I made a mistake when I said there were no gas chambers at Auschwitz," he told the court.

He admitted that in 1989 he had denied that Nazi Germany had killed millions of Jews. He said this is what he believed, until he later saw the personal files of Adolf Eichmann, the chief organiser of the Holocaust.

"I said that then based on my knowledge at the time, but by 1991 when I came across the Eichmann papers, I wasn't saying that anymore and I wouldn't say that now," Irving told the court.

"The Nazis did murder millions of Jews."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's time this bastard was brought to justice.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that this guy has got away with his lies for so long. I'm glad Austria took him up on his denials.